Last half of Cayucos Pier being closed for safety reasons
Published: July 5, 2013
Faced with a looming public-safety problem, San Luis Obispo County Parks officials have closed off the seaward half of the Cayucos pier, citing the critical condition of some groupings of supports underneath the aging wooden structure.
They hope the closure will be temporary, but that depends on an engineer’s assessment. (read full story at sanluisobispo.com)
Help Save the Pier
The Cayucos Pier Project is partnering with SLO County and has pledged to raise a minimum of $100,000 to help secure the $2,000,000 in grants needed to complete the project. That means your tax deductible donation is worth twenty times its value in pier repairs (e.g. $50 = $1,000 in repairs). This $100,000 will demonstrate the committed support of the local community as well as visitors. All donations made to this fund will be used to help rebuild the Cayucos Pier. (please visit http://www.savecayucospier.org/)
An early morning deep sea fishing tour out of Morro Bay can bring a smile to your face
The local's source for fishing and diving information.
Rentals available from wet suits to beach chairs.
Good Clean Fun Surf & Sport
Sea Kayaking tours on the Central Coast. Lessons and fishing excursions. (805) 995-1993
Cayucos Pier Fishing Information
Ken Jones, The Pier Fisherman, gives you the facts on fishing the Cayucos Pier.
Fishing Central California: A No Nonsense Guide to Spin, Bait, and Fly Fishing. [Amazon.com]
Fresh Fish sales
Dockside Fish Sales from the Bonnie Marietta in Morro Bay
When not at sea, the Bonnie Marietta is docked on the waterfront in Morro Bay, California. Look for it on the Embarcadero just north of Beach Street. Fresh fish sales most Saturday mornings. (805) 441-1451, Boat; (805) 772-8100 Dockside Restaurant • bonniemarietta.com
Deep Sea Fishing
Deep Sea fishing tours can be booked both out of Morro Bay and San Simeon with Morro Bay outfitters offering both half and full day trips.
Good Clean Fun Surf & Sport offers kayak fishing
Sportfishing and Whale Watching Tours. Complete Tackle & Apparel at their Morro Bay Location. Departures from Morro Bay and San Simeon. 1215 Embarcadero, Morro Bay. (805) 772-1222, 772-2216 • (800) ROCKCOD (762-5263). More info
West Coast Light Tackle
Fishing and Tackle dealer. 1124 Front St., Morro Bay. (805) 772-4576
Central Coast Fishing Links
For more California Pier Fishing information by Ken Jones, visit www.pierfishing.com
National Fishing Links
- Cataraft - Quadcatt is a world class cataraft with 18 foot double tubes, big cargo capacity, nimble as a cat.
- Hunt & Fish North Carolina - North Carolina Sportsman is the leading source of hunting and fishing news, articles, reports, and information in the state.
- Hunt & Fish Louisiana - Louisiana Sportsman is the leading source of hunting and fishing news, articles, reports, and information in the state.
- Key West Fishing - Key West Fishing Charter, Best Captains, Save $100 on Tackle, Top Gear, Flats- Reef... Deep Sea Florida Key, Tarpon Sport Trips, Great Vacation
- Key West - Your Local Guide for things to do in Key West Florida. Key West Tours and Activities.
- Key West Charter Boats - In the Florida Keys, the sport fishing capital of the world, aboard the fabulous Afternoon Delight, Fish the Famous "Wall" and catch the 1000 pound Marlin and other large trophy fish.
- Hunting & Fishing Reports - Visit SouthCarolinaSportsman.com for the latest hunting & fishing reports, as well as news and articles on your favorite spots!
- Pontoon Boats - Manitou Pontoon Boats are perfect for water sports, fishing and leisure.
Visit our Links page
>> next page